Jobba i Bryssel med ESN-konferensen?
INTERNATIONELLT SAMARBETE: Det europeiska socialchefsnätverket ESN söker en eventstrateg/projektledare på heltid för arbete med European Social Services Conference, och andra event som arrangeras löpande. FSS är en av de drygt 100 medlemsorganisationerna och har varit med allt sedan starten.
Läs mer om tjänsten och hur du ansöker här:
The European Social Network
is seeking to appoint a talented and dynamic Conference and Events Manager/Producer to join our international team.
Responsible for the planning, development and implementation of the annual conference of the European Social Network (ESSC), our flagship event, and other ESN events throughout the year.
An entrepreneurial leader with experience in generating income through the delivery of high-profile events, this role is an exciting opportunity to further develop a well-established international conference and events programme with a strong 25-year track record. We are open to receive applications on a full or part-time basis and from those who are working as freelancers.
ESN is the European network for senior professionals in public social services, for over 130 national, regional, and local public services organisations from 35 European countries. Supported by the European Commission under the EaSI programme, ESN promotes the development of effective social policy and social care practice through the exchange of knowledge and expertise. ESN contributes to European policy-making in social, health and education policy to improve people’s life chances through quality public social services, including health, employment and housing. ESN organises both the European Social Services Conference now in its 26th year and the European Commission (EaSi) programme which also comprises smaller events, working groups etc.
The post will be based in Brussels from early 2018. The Secretariat is currently in Brighton, UK.
The Conference Manager is accountable for ESN events comprising the development and management of the European Social Services Conference, and organising other smaller events throughout the year.
- To develop an exciting annual conference with other members of staff and develop other events that are both informative and engaging, linking policy/membership/partnerships/wider audience.
- To develop a marketing strategy involving communications and outreach, web site design, member and partner engagement, as well as the development of a mobile app.
- To manage the budget, oversee contract negotiations and ensure financial controls and reporting.
- To manage the organisational systems and processes, and streamline tasks accordingly working closely with other members of staff.
- To build a strong brand identity for the ESSC. This will entail ensuring that the themes are communicable/relevant to the network members and other stakeholders, that it connects with ESN’s work using all available online platforms and that it provides an in-depth engagement with the wider community.
- To commission and oversee the development of audio-visual design of the annual conference, including videos, promotional materials, printed booklets, website design and stage set.
- To commission and oversee the development of event-related Mobile Apps and link to inter-activity of the event.
- To develop and promote the growth of corporate partnerships and exhibition spaces.
- To promote ESN as the leading knowledge exchange forum for public social services in Europe.
- To manage the conference team, which includes one full-time Conference Organiser, one intern and a team of volunteers at the conference.
- To promote good working relationships with ESN members and other stakeholders.
- To develop good relationships between ESN and international and other government institutions, national and regional authorities and other stakeholders.
We are looking for someone who has:
- Substantial experience in a comparable senior events management/production positions
- A proven track record of delivery of high-level events at national or international level
- Experience of delivering income-generating events at national or international level
- Experience of sponsorship development and CSR, showing a proven ability to meet sponsorship revenue targets
- Experience of identifying, securing and managing the participation of high profile speakers
- Communications and digital marketing experience
- Experience of managing a budget and financial management
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a demonstrated ability to liaise and communicate with colleagues at all levels and from different cultures, as well as with government and private partners
- Excellent attention to detail while also keeping a strategic eye on the bigger picture
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and under pressure
- Knowledge and/or interest in social policy
- Excellent written and oral English (ESN’s working language)
- Fluency in at least another European language is an advantage.
circa £35,000/€38,000 depending on experience.
Full-time permanent position.
You should submit a personal statement and a CV in a single PDF file not longer than 3 pages to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applicants wishing to discuss the post may request a call with the ESN’s CEO, John Halloran, via the recruitment email address. The deadline for applications is Sunday 12th November with a Skype Interview on Tuesday 14th November and face-to-face interviews on 20th November. Applications will be assessed on a rolling basis and may appoint before the submission date, so if you are interested, please apply early!
Equal Opportunities Statement It is the policy of the European Social Network (ESN) to treat all employees and job applicants fairly and equally regardless of their sex, sexual orientation, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, age, disability or trade union membership status or any other protected characteristic.